1. Neatly brief, concise and sparing in the use of words.
2. Curt, abrupt.
Relate terse to turtle. Turtles have short legs. But then they can travel long distances with their short legs. Similarly, when you give a terse response or make a terse statement, you can express much in a few words and be brief and clear.
1. The minister gave a terse response to questions from the press.
2. While Jane stared at him, he uttered the short, terse command: “Hands up!”
3. “By perpetually thinking about them,” was Newton’s terse and illuminating reply.
4. The definitions are terse and concise and include every term used in electrical science.
5. The boxing match was terse because he knocked the guy out with one punch, so the fight was brief.