1. to entreat; petition:
2. to make a petition or request for something desired..
3. to offer to have sex with in exchange for money.
The easiest way to remember Solicit is by breaking it down into so+ let(li)+ me sit(cit). I requested my teacher to let me sit on the chair. My legs are paining and I am unable to work ,so let me sit before I do any more work.
1. My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities
2. The young man was caught soliciting in the park.
3. She is too shy to solicit
4. He was accused of soliciting his colleagues to destroy the documents