1. to come or go back
2. to return to an ancestral type
3. to go back in thought or discussion
The easiest way to memorize the meaning of word revert is by breaking it into two parts re+ vert ;
RE means back and VERT means move to or way. So Revert means to move back. We can also remember it with the word Reverse.
1. We will investigate and revert as soon as possible.
2. Will reschedule and revert back!
3. After the national emergency had passed, the political parties abandoned their shotgun unity and reverted to their partisan squabbling
4. They reverted to the ways of their forefathers.