1. A bar extending horizontally between supports, as in a fence.
2. A steel bar used, usually in pairs, as a track for railroad cars or other wheeled vehicles.
3. The railroad as a means of transportation
The best way to remember the meaning is to think of ‘Railways’ as most of the uses of a rail can be related to it.
1. Our products were transported by rail to the various stores.
2. The workers found a cracked rail on the intercity train track today.
3. They have to travel back and forth from their town to the city by rail every working day.