1. A state of uncertainty or perplexity.
2. Situation from which extrication is difficult especially an unpleasant or trying one.
The word ‘Quandary’ can be related to ‘Quantum Physics’. Now quantum physics is so complex that it often leaves everyone in a dilemma about what to do next.
1. Harry was in a state of predicament when he was asked who is he fonder of, his wife or his mother.
2. The fight between her brothers left her in a quandary.
3. The unexpected results of the test have created a quandary for researchers.