1. To cause to extend to a broader area or larger number; spread
2. To cause (an organism) to multiply.
3. To make widely known; publicize
‘Propagate’ contains the word ‘gate’. Now learn propagate by thinking that if you open the gates to something, it will spread and hence the meaning of propagate.
1. Scientists are discovering new ways to propagate plants without seeds.
2. Grafting can be used to propagate apple trees.
3. Shock waves normally propagate at the speed of sound in the affected medium.