1. A simple story illustrating a moral or religious lesson.
2. A statement or comment that conveys a meaning indirectly by the use of comparison, analogy, or the like.
3. Any of the stories told by Jesus to convey his religious message.
The word ‘parable’ sounds like a combination of words ‘paragraph + fable’ therefore it would mean a one paragraph long fable which is the meaning of Parable itself.
1. Our teacher told us a parable about the folly of focusing on things like material wealth.
2. He told the children a parable about the importance of friendship and honesty.
3. I used to listen to a lot of parables in my childhood.