1. Trivial, meager, measly, inferior
2. Wretched or contemptible.
3. Ridiculously or insultingly small.
To relate to the word ‘Paltry’ remember how all of us used to beg our parents even for paltry sums of money when we were small which certainly is not the case for most of us now.
1. The miser gave a paltry donation to the fund for hungry children.
2. The quality of the paltry language used by Ernest made it difficult for his listeners to understand what he was trying to say.
3. They had started this venture with very high hopes but so far the profits have been paltry to say the least.