1. The generous giving of gifts, money, or favors.
2. Liberality in bestowing gifts.
Largess can be related to word ‘large’. Someone who has a large heart is very generous and gives gifts and favors to other people.
1. The bank manager was admired for his largess towards the merchant whose business was having financial difficulties.
2. It has been observed that recipients of some largess become more generous in turn and so on down the chain.
3. The overall impact of central largess is felt far beyond official payrolls.