1. (Verb) to press or beset with solicitations; demand with urgency or persistence.
2. (Verb) to make improper advances toward (a person).
3. (Verb) to beg for (something) urgently or persistently.
Imagine needing something so badly that you cannot stop asking for it: then you might importune someone to get it. During your college days or may be your school days, you importune in front of your dad for a Car or may be for a Cell Phone for umpteen number of times.
1. I importune you to help them.
2. The ghosts importune the living, begging to be remembered and avenged.
3. Those you importune can decide if they deem your team a worthy cause that they wish to underwrite.