Another couple of examples for the word helm are:
- The Prime Minister of the country is at the helm of affairs of the nation.
- The man at the helm of the company today is one who began his career right at the bottom.
The dictionary definitions for Helm are as follows:
1. Nautical: The steering gear of a ship, especially the tiller or wheel. (noun)
2. A position of leadership or control. (noun)
3. To take the helm of; steer or direct. (verb)
The following is an extract used for educational purposes: ‘It was fully expected that Turkey’s voters would return Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s Justice and Development Party (AKP) for a third consecutive term. This success owes to the AKP’s achievements in its nearly decade-long rule. With Mr. Erdogan at the helm, the country has undergone a successful economic transformation.’
Read further on: