1. An arbitrary order,decree or announcement
2. An authoritative sanction or order by the government
3. An arbitrary decree or pronouncement, especially by a person or group of persons having absolute authority to enforce it:
4. A legally binding command or a decision entered on the court record
All of you must be familiar with the great car-fiat.So an apt sentence to clearly remember and understand this word-“Fiat is such a good car that it has command over all other cars.”
1. The school principal issued a fiat that caps were not to be worn inside the school
2. He also issued a fiat ordering state employees to break the ramadan fast and restricted the number of pilgrims performing the hajj.
3. As a liberal, i fear that some of our rights could thus be curtailed by ministerial fiat.