1. Produced artificially rather than naturally.
2. Lacking authenticity or genuineness.
3. Made or manufactured.
Factitious sounds fairly close to the word ‘Fictitious’ which means something that is made up or artificial which means the same as Factitious and hence can be used to recall its meaning.
1. Presumably the statue is of factitious marble, because for that price you’re not going to get the real thing.
2. Observe the factitious friendliness shown by the beauty-pageant contestants to one another.
3. Their marriage ceremony contained entirely of a decoration of factitious flowers and leaves.