1. To denounce or berate severely
2. To express strong disproval against
3. Wear off or remove skin from
The word Excoriate can be related by using the word ‘Ex’. Since anyone’s ex does not bring about happy memories and people usually have strong feeling against them it can be used to connect the word Excoriate.
1. He was excoriated by his parents for his mistakes.
2. The presidential candidates have publicly excoriated each other throughout the campaign.
3. Her palms were excoriated by the hard labor of shoveling.