1. (Adj) difficult to catch
2. (Adj) preferring or living in solitude and anonymity
3. (Adj) difficult to remember
Ever try to catch a mouse? It’s not easy, because mice are quick and elusive — they’re tough to catch. Rabbits are speedy, so they’re elusive too.
Another example of elusive is a difficult name to remember. How easy is to remember your beloved actor ‘Arnold Schwarzenegger?’ Elusive right?
1. An elusive concept.
2. A fish too elusive to catch.
3. I had no luck in tracking down this elusive man.
4. An attempt to recapture an elusive memory.