1. To disagree with or reject
2. To differ in opinion or sentiment
3. To protest against something
The word Dissent can be learnt easily by relating it to the word ‘assent’ which means to agree, so the word dissent will mean to disagree.
1. The opposition decided to show its dissent by staging a walk-out.
2. He made it clear to everyone that since theirs was not a democracy there was no room for dissent from any member.
3. Any act of dissent from the natives was responded with an equally harsh punishment from the tyrant government.