1. Arrived at something from a source or origin
2. Traced or deducted from a source
3. Deducted or inferred
The word ‘Derive’ sound like ‘drive’. Now, people drive to get from one point to another so it can be easily related to the word ‘Derive’ as it means to arrive at a conclusion or a point from some another source or origin.
1. Having derived all the equations correctly, he assured himself of a good rank in the state exams.
2. The present name of this species has been derived from its ancestors.
3. Having found his fingerprints at the crime scene the detectives derived his role as that of the prime accused in robbery.