1. A separate part of a whole, usually of something bigger
2. A device such as a resistor or transistor that is part of an electronic circuit
Remember how we used to solve jigsaw puzzles back in the day and they usually needed all the components, that is the smaller pieces to be put in their place in order to be solved fully.
1. He works for a company that manufactured automobile components.
2. The electrician has to replace one of the electrical components in the house wiring.
3. In our mathematics class, we had to use one component to determine the new vector.