Arachnophobia has been derived from the union of two Greek words arachne, meaning spider and phobia, meaning fear.
The dictionary definitions of arachnophobia are as follows:
1) An abnormal fear of spiders
2) Pathological fear or loathing of spiders.
Master tip to learn arachnophobia:
Ronald Weasely, a famous character from Harry Potter series was scared of spiders. The word can also be learnt easily by associating the first half .i.e. arachno with the imagery of spiders on the wall.
Arachnophobia can be used in following ways:
1) Swati is an arachnophobic. (Adjective)
2) Arachnophobia is one of the most common phobias that people acquire. (Noun)
3) The movie Spiderman would have been disastrous if spiderman was an arachnophobe. (Noun)