1. Extremely severe and sharp
2. Keenly perceptive or discerning, ingenious
3. Having a sharp point
Acute can be broken down as ‘A+cute’ and it can then be related by the fact that a cute person is either loved by others for his cuteness or hated by some for their popularity, in short they can evoke ‘extreme’ emotions and hence the word acute.
1. Einstein is said to have been a man of uncommonly acute intelligence.
2. He was an acute businessman and a truly brilliant editor.
3. He is suffering from acute diarrhea.